Thursday, June 29

My Engagement Ring



I finally got to take some good pictures of my beautiful ring that Scott and I picked out while we were in Capri, right after the proposal. The picture in my last blog where we are in a little shop and Scott is down on one knee...that was the place where we bought my ring. I love it as it's very unique, just like me. :) It's definitely not your typical engagement ring, but I'm so happy with it. Scott's plan was to pick out a ring while we were there and then for me to pick out a diamond ring of my choice for our wedding. That works out well for 3 reasons: I will always have a sentimental item that will remind me of that perfect day, I will have a beautiful right hand right when we get married, and it'll give us some time to save up some money for wedding rings. :) And for those of you who are dying to know a date...too bad. We plan to have a fairly long engagement (no sooner than 2 years) so that we will have time and money to have the wedding of our dreams back home in Montana. Scott has a year and a half left of his Master's program so it definitely can't be before then. And since I didn't even figure that we'd be engaged before he finished school, it'll work out great!
Well, just one more thing I wanted to share about these pictures - the romantic velvet box that Scott made for me that he gave to me before getting down on one knee. It's gorgeous and he made everything...from the poems inside to the box itself. He's so dang talented! Anyway, I didn't want to take a picture of each of the lines on each of the leaves in the box, so here's what was written for me:






Without you...
I am weak
I am sad
I am fragile
I promise always...
To make you smile
To make you laugh
To make you happy
And then on the very inside, under all the leaves of paper above, was a little heart shaped paper book with the following written on each page:
You are my heart
You are my soul
I love you so much it hurts
Please will u marry me?
And there was a place underneath the heart book for a ring...which was empty at the time he gave it to me, but when we picked one out, it fit in the spot perfectly. :) Well...I guess you can see why I fell so in love with him.
One last little tidbit - Scott also got a ring while we were in Italy. He wanted to have an engagement ring too, so that he could show off the fact that he was engaged because he is so excited. How sweet is that! Even though it's not very traditional for the guy to have an engagement ring, it's a really cool ring and if you haven't noticed, we like being a little different. He doesn't like to do what everyone else does. So....here's also a picture of his cool ring...oh yeah, we bought it in Venice so it also has a lot of sentimental value. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty damn lucky girl!!
Coming from someone who knows these things -- He's a keeper!
LOL to both.

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa....
I want to congratulate you on your engagement to Scott. The proposal was so romantic...I was so glad you shared that experience.. Scott I want you to know that Melissa is a wonderful girl..beautiful, kind, thoughtful and smart! Please take good care of her!
Melissa you will always have a special place in my heart.
ps. I enjoyed reading about your trip...it was better than the "travel" channel...LOL
Romina

Chérie Newman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chérie Newman said...

Thanks for the great pics and stories about your trip and your engagement day, Melissa. Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations to you and Scott (that talented, creative, and wonderful guy). May you always be in love with life and with each other.

Marika said...

Ciao bella
I just want to say Congratulations (again) and the ring looks great on the right finger!! Im soo glad that he proposed to you while you were in Italy, makes our holiday just that more special. It was a great holiday and im looking forward to more that we can take together. Gubachunk is definately a keeper, very talented too! I miss you, lots of love xxxxx
ps, im practising my scrabble, will beat u all next time!!