This year, our friends Sara and Dave came to my place and we cooked up another mean meal. It was the best turkey I think I've ever had!! And it was the easiest turkey I've ever seen made or have made myself. Last year we spent so much time thawing, prepping, seasoning, stuffing...but this year our procrastination finally paid off. I'd been working mad hours at PwC (I am fortunate enough - haha - to get 2 busy seasons at work this year...One from Halloween to Christmas and another from mid-Jan to mid-March.) and didn't have any time to prepare or go to the grocery store during the week. Therefore, when Sara, Dave and Scott arrived at my place on Wed night before Thanksgiving, we went straight to Albertson's to get groceries. Most everything was easy to find and there weren't many people in the store at 11pm, but the turkey was harder to find. There was only 1 turkey left in the whole place and it was a Jenny-O Bag-to-oven turkey. I'd seen it on TV advertised a couple of times and wanted to try it out. It was basically already prepared, washed and seasoned - all we had to do on Thanksgiving was take it out of the freezer (that's right, no thawing necessary), cut slits in the bag it cooked in and stick it in the oven. Three and a half hours later it was done! And it smelled good, tasted even better and made awesome gravy! It was the juiciest meat I've ever had, and I'm a white meat girl. Needless to say, I vow never to spend all that time thawing and preparing again. It's Jenny-O from now on!


After we fattened ourselves up, we spent the rest of the weekend playing games, watching movies and wandering around a bit at Christmas in the Park in San Jose and shopping a little at Santana Row. I enjoyed the 4 days off as I knew it would be busy busy busy until Dec 22nd when I flew home for Christmas holiday.

No comments:
Post a Comment