The first weekend in March was a beautiful one here in Northern Cali! It was sunny and 70 degrees...we finally got to say goodbye to rain, fog and clouds for a few days. I think it may be the start of summer already. Scott and I went to visit Robert and Liza for the weekend, as it was our turn to make the drive (about 2 hours), and it was the perfect weekend to spend outdoors. We put the bike rack on my little Civic and loaded our bikes. I recently bought a new mountain bike so I wouldn't have to rent one whenever we wanted to go riding. There was a great
pre-season sale at the sports store so I got a killer deal. I was pumped to be able to finally use it. We spent the weekend outdoors as much as possible. We went
folfing on Saturday at a really hard 12-hole course north of Folsom. For those of you not familiar with
folf - it is short for
frisbee golf. You throw a disc (a little heavier than a normal
frisbee) across courses that are similar to golf (usually just not as far) and try to hit a goal post or basket at the end of the course. I am just
awful at this sport, but it was still fun. I think I almost pulled a muscle in my arm which I was really peeved at because I started softball the next week and didn't want to be injured. But it turned out
ok and was a lot of fun. Scott and Robert used to play frequently back home in
Bozeman and Helena, so they were pros. Sunday we decided to get out again and took a really nice ride around
Natoma Lake near where they live. It's a pretty easy ride, except for the fact that it's 17 miles, which took us about 2 hours. It really only took so long because Liza and I didn't want to kill ourselves and were riding at a slower pace...especially next to Scott who was like
ADHD on his bike...he rides everyday so it was too easy for him. I thought 17 miles was long enough! I'll work up to longer trips this summer, but for a first time out, it was a good start.
I don't have any pics to post of this trip as we forgot our camera. :( It was beautiful out, but just so you have something to look at besides text, here is a map of
Natoma Lake, courtesy of Google Earth. It's more of a long wide river to me, but it was a great riding trail.
No comments:
Post a Comment