Monday, June 25

Hike in Half Moon Bay




Wow, it's been awhile since I've written anything! My last post was in April....I guess we've been so busy since then that I haven't gotten around to actually posting anything. Back in May during a nice weekend, Scott and I pulled out our "100 Hikes in the Bay Area" book and flipped open to a few hikes that are close by. We went over to Half Moon Bay which is across the penninsula from San Mateo. It was a really nice weekend, although during the hike it was a bit breezy as are most coastal spots. There were also lots of sea lions just hanging out enjoying the sun! They were so cute and the California wildlife rescue was actually at one of the beaches releasing a baby back into the wild. It had gotten lost and it's mama had died so they nursed it back to health and were releasing it close to its friends and other family.
It was our first official hike of the season and as work has been slowing down for me (and is usually pretty mellow during the summer months), we will hopefully be doing a lot more of the hikes in our book - crossing them off one by one.


No comments: