

I finally got out of the house for Labor Day weekend! Scott, Robert, Liza and I took a nice long weekend off to join the rest of the crowds out camping. We went up to a place called Bass Lake about 2 1/2 hours from our apartment...just outside of Yosemite. It was a great recommendation from my aunt Gina, who I also got to see that weekend. She performs (plays guitar and sings) at a place called the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad. It used to be this old logging railroad back in the day and the huge steam train now runs twice a week to give visitors and tourists a ride. There's even a great BBQ and a train ride up to an open are where they have a bonfire and sing old fashioned and fun songs for entertainment. On the train ride up we even got stopped by train robbers! :) It was really fun...and great to see my aunt, her work friends and fellow entertainers, and her boyfriend Dale.
After the Railroad on Saturday night, we set up camp in a campground near Bass Lake. The next day we spent all day on the Lake and rented some canoes to get around. It was a hell of a workout and very fun. I'd never been in a canoe before - it was crazy trying to paddle around all the boats and jet skis in the water. I swear they almost tipped us over a couple times. But still it was really fun, I'd do it again. We ate lots of yummy BBQ while camping and I loaded up on the s'mores - because this was the only time we got to go camping all summer. How sad is that!! We also got to take a nice hike that overlooked the lake and played around on some of the cool trees on the trail.
It seemed like such a short weekend! Booo...there goes the summer. Oh well, I absolutely love fall here in the bay area. It's the most beautiful season here and also the warmest for San Fran. Hopefully I'll have time to keep up with some blogs for the next month before I head into my busy season during Nov-Dec. :)












1 comment:
Aren't Robert and Liza so much fun to hang out with :)
Post a Comment